The more observant of you will now have noticed that we have a new image on our website’s banner, viz.:
The ECF Junior Development Pathway is an ECF initiative whereby they would like to:
- Develop junior talent to reach their chess potential
- Achieve competitive success in the junior ranks of international competition
- Develop the next generation of professional players in the senior ranks
- Help develop greater clarity for parents and players regarding their development options and opportunities
- Provide a fair market place for individuals and organisations to compete and offer their services
More information on this can be found at https://www.englishchess.org.uk/Juniors/development-pathway/.
The ECF would like to accredit chess clubs who satisfy certain criteria in one of the five levels of excellence. Ealing Chess Club is currently one of only eight chess clubs in the country to be awarded this certificate for its junior development. Being accredited with this certificate gives us greater visibility in the chess world.
Of course, none of this would have been possible without the excellent work of our cadet coach, Mark Robinson. He received glowing references from Hong Zhou and Michela Palmer (two of our cadets’ parents) which convinced the ECF of the quality of the chess training for our younger members.
The next level ECF’s Development Pathway (Centres of Excellence) is probably beyond us, but we should be proud that we have been able to reach Level 2.